Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mardi Gras 2009

I have spent the better part of today surfing the web as I try to decide on a costume for Mardi Gras. I am notorious for waiting until the last minute for any costuming event and just falling back on my resemblance to Harry Potter - not a hard costume for me to pull off (you know, brown hair and brown eyes). Case in point, this was me for Halloween in 2005:

Anyway, since I don't think I can get away with this anymore, I thought I would do something out of character and plan ahead. But the geek in me always prevails and I have been leaning towards Jedi Knight. Seriously. I've ALWAYS wanted to dress like a Jedi. I know - ubergeek.

Any ideas for me? To be honest, I haven't even made plans for Mardi Gras this year. Knowing what I'm doing might help with my choice in attire. What is everyone else doing this year? Does anyone have any special plans? Leave a comment or post your own entry. I'd love to know what everyone will be up to.


If worse comes to worst I'll just pick up a boa from a street vendor and call it a year.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

I think a Jedi knight would be awesome, and you would have fun with it. You need to buy a small Yoda stuffed animal and wear it on your shoulder, like Luke when he's training in The Empire Strikes Back (the geek in me has prevailed as well).

As for me...I haven't even thought about Mardi Gras yet. Dressing as someone famously tall is too obvious. Dressing as someone famously short is impossible.

Billy said...

Ha. You know I actually thought about it. They sell Yoda backpacks but I'm not going as Luke. I've almost got my Obi-Wan costume put together. Just a couple of details left.

By the way, the Force FX lightsabers are the most awesome things ever.

What are you doing for Mardi Gras? Do you dress up the kids? I would like to do something a little more family-oriented this year. I'm getting tired of downtown. I need to find someone having a party uptown. I would love to go with my girls this year. I could dress Olivia up as baby Princess Leia!!