Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Today I will be at my parents' house with a few close family members to share and give thanks. Hopefully we will take lots of pictures.

Before I head over there, though, please indulge me. I wanted to take a moment to reflect on some of the things I am thankful for:

I am thankful to be able to spend a day with my family.

I am thankful to have been born into such a wonderful family.

I am thankful for my two beautiful godchildren (and the third surrogate one): Megan, Jenna (and Olivia).

I am thankful for my for my very dear friends who have stuck with me through thick and thin.

I am thankful to work somewhere with such wonderful people that I consider many of them an extension of my own family (some of who are the dear friends I just mentioned).

I am thankful for my four beautiful cats: Bubbles, Wesker, Mouse and Kikita.

I am thankful to live in a free country where my voice counts.

I am thankful to have been taught what that freedom means and the cost by which it comes.

I am thankful for all those that came before me who are no longer with us this year (as they were the last).

I am thankful for the privilege to have known those people. Please take a moment to honor their memories:

Estrella
Salvador
Juan Manuel

I am just thankful to be here. Every moment is precious and I know I am never really guaranteed another.

I am also thankful that for a little while today there will be no sense of urgency.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Enjoy your day.

Love,

Billy

4 comments:

Maria Antonia said...

Billy,
Thank you for mentioning my father, Salvador. Thse days have been very difficult. But we do thank God for having given us the family we have and for those gone but never forgotten.
God Bless Everyone,
Maria Antonia

Laura said...

aww this is so sweet!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Ninanoooo said...

Japi Sanguibin Billy!

Rosa said...

Billy,

I am thankful for you...without you we would not be able to communicate online. Family is what matters and we have a good one.

Rosa