Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy (belated) 18th Birthday Stephen!!!!

18 years old. I am having trouble believing it. I was 15 when he was born - a sophomore at Brother Martin. He is now three years older than I was that year in 1990 when we raced out to Kenner in a raging storm. I remember the day clearly. I still have the "It's a boy!" pin hidden safely somewhere in a shoebox. Now he's a senior at Jesuit ready to head off to college.

I also remember when Rosa told us the news that she was pregnant back in '90. We were in the kitchen at my parents' old house in Terrytown. She gathered everybody together and said something along the lines of, "I have something to tell you," or, "or something special has happened." I obviously don't remember what she said verbatim. I was, however, always an intuitive child so I completely stole her thunder when I blurted out, "You're pregnant!" - Sorry about that Aunt Rosa, but apparently I was right ;)

And sorry Stevo - I meant to blog about this Wednesday night but I crashed out and made it in to work 5 hours late for work on Thursday. So here I am at work today finally blogging about your birthday :)

Stephen's birthday was this past Wednesday, December 3rd. Everyone please join me in wishing him a wonderful 18th birthday celebration, which I am sure will continue well into the weekend. We will be getting together tonight to celebrate at my grandmother's since he was in Baton Rouge Wednesday for a soccer game.

Happy Birthday Stephen - this is where the fun begins :)

Rosa and Paul - this is where the fun begins :(

Love,

Billy

1 comment:

Laura said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHEN! love ya see u soon =( miss u all so excited: december 19th